Bart Davenport is back in town and he just got voted Best Local East Bay Musician for 2010 by readers of the East Bay Express! Congratulations Bart! This is not the first time he’s won this award, and it probably won’t be the last, though maybe next time we can shoot for “Best Local Act That Made It Big”! Move over Green Day!
Bart plays an all-ages show at San Francisco’s Rickshaw Stop tomorrow night (Thursday, July 29th) with the excellent Villagers (Domino Records) and another local hero, Greg Ashley.
This will be a great show, and you can get advance tickets here.
Finally, Bart’s Chasing the Moon podcast is now available to check out! CTM is a great local HD video series, capturing studio quality live performances in intimate settings. Past episodes have featured great local artists like John Vanderslice, Foxtails Brgade, Quinn Deveaux and Judgement Day. This stuff is well done and totally inspiring! Check out the series and subscribe to the podcast here.
This is normally where I apologize to out of town readers for advertising a live show that they can’t possibly attend, but thanks to the fine folks who create the Chasing the Moon series, we can reproduce the live session below. Seriously, these are so well done it’s the next best thing to seeing the show live, and nobody will spill a beer on you either!
- Bart Davenport at the Cafe DuNord next Thursday
- This week in the Bay: Shows with Foxtails Brigade, Bart Davenport, Social Studies and more!
- Bart Davenport tours Europe, Still Flyin’ hits the East Coast!!
- Bart Davenport plays Sacramento benefit show this Sunday with Aaron Ross and DoomBird
- Bart Davenport tonight, Social Studies cancel Sunday!